Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Vintage Turntable

I know this has nothing to do with Ubuntu, but I bought a 1950 RCA Victor Victrola Model 45-J-2 turntable today. It's really in great shape, after a good polish. Ah, Bakelite. Too bad it isn't made anymore. This turntable, as far as I know, doesn't work. Possibly a bad switch, but I'll find out as soon as it's warm enough to go to the garage to work on it. Oh, something that suprised me, when I researched what would be good to polish the Bakelite, and everything I found said to use chrome polish! I bought some Turtle Wax Chrome Polish at Walmart, polished it, and wow. Looks almost new again. Used some Metal Armor on the emblem and the brass ring to shine them up a bit. Well, don't know what else to say so here's 2 pics of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment