Friday, January 9, 2009

Different Distros on the A150

I've decided to possibly try a different distro on my A150. As of right now, I'm still unsure which I want right now. So far, I've run the Factory Installed XP, Vista Black, Ubuntu 8.04.1, Ubuntu 8.10, Ubuntu 8.10 Netbook Remix, Linpus Lite, and openSUSE. From the beggining. XP. It's Windows. Honestly, I just don't like the look or feel of Windows. Next, Vista Black. Pretty much the same as Xp, just a slightly different look for its GUI. Ubuntu 8.04.1 has probably been my favorite so far. Nice to look at, easy to use, and no problems. 8.10 was a bit of a different experience for me. After install, wifi was easy to setup with Madwifi drivers, everything was nice. Except the clicking. I couldn't pinpoint the cause, but it caused the hard drives to fail on my second and third A150. I know that was the problem because the first had Bios problems, and my final A150 is just fine. Anyway, 8.10 Netbook Remix was the same. Linpus Lite was actually very nice once you unlock its desktop and install a couple different applications. A little bright for me, but still a very user friendly OS. openSuse was a complete failure. The openSuse Wiki is a waste of server space, since none of the commands actually do anything.

1 comment:

  1. I think the latest Ubuntu Netbook Remix is very good on the AAO. Not perfect, but very good.

    ReplyDelete