Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tried installing Flock earlier.

Flock so far is a great program. I can connect to my blog, my Yahoo mail, my Myspace, and Youtube accounts all at once. No major issues that I've found yet, but I've only usd it for about an hour as of writing this. There are a few problems though. The first was trying to install the application. It's doenloaded as a tar.gz file. Not a problem by itsself, just extract it into your home directory. After that, there isn't an installer or .deb file to install it since it is precompiled. Next, is figuring out how to start the program. There is an Ubuntu wiki on Flock that's pretty much worthless. Don't follow it, since you'll get nowhere with it. Before you go any further, you need to load up Synaptics Package Manager, and search for and install
libstdc++5
.After extracting the file in your Home directory, press Alt+F2 and run "flock-browser". I've not figured out how to create an icon to run Flock, but as soon as I can figure out how, I'll let everyone know. Besides that, have fu with Flock!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

  1. I would like to try this but it seems more complicated than i thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not very hard at all. Give it a shot. :)

    ReplyDelete