Thursday, January 8, 2009

Odd issues...

Well, I have a ton of movies on my laptop. probably enough to fill up most hard drives in laptops. Anyway, I downloaded through my lovely Add/Remove Programs window, several programs to try burning the movies. I would have only downloaded one to do it, but since it's been a year from the last time I've burnt a movie, I couldn't remember which to get. The problem, I believe, is when I installed all the codecs previously, it set up some program dependencies that won't let me install DeVeDe through Terminal or Synaptic. Instead I downloaded 5 or 6 other programs that didn't do what I wanted (maybe subconsiously I just didn't like them :P). I do believe though, that installing those programs just because I couldn't get the program I wanted was the wrong idea. I just finished removing all the extra programs I downloaded, and others I didn't need. My laptop is much faster now. Excluding my movies, maybe using 22 gigs in my 160 gig hard drive. I love it! Another reason I left Windows, which is a story in itsself. Basically, what I'm saying is don't download multiple programs you don't need. You may end up with some odd issues like me...

1 comment:

  1. I think this is true... sometimes my programs are also affected in its performance if you have multiple programs that runs all the same files.

    ReplyDelete