Friday, February 13, 2009

Ubuntu did something odd

Well, last night, I decided to dual-boot Ubuntu and Vista on my One. Unfortunately, I had to swap my Broadcom wireless card for the factory Atheros card since for some reason for the life of me I couldn't find the drivers for the broadcom card. Anyway, back to last night. I had set up the madwifi drivers and all the codecs I need without a problem. I've still not installed the Mac4Lin yet. I was using Ubuntu for a while to make sure everything was right, then I switched to Vista. 

There were the typical issues with it, but I was suprised. I previously had XP installed to use my phone as a modem, which worked fine. In Vista, it seemed like I had a faster connection through my phone. Awesome. My fiance had a problem with Ubuntu, which is another blog, so I switched back to Ubuntu to be able to help. Well, it booted up with out a problem. After booting, I noticed my Network Manager icon on the taskbar was showing up as a page with a red x. Hmm? It said it connected so whatever. I went on to help her, and came back to my One. I went to Applications>Internet to load Pidgin. Odd, no icons. Nothing seemed to have an icon. It was late so I figured I'd work on it in the morning.

Now, this morning. I first loaded Vista to browse the web while I smoked. When I switched to Ubuntu, that's odd. There are icons? Odd. I restarted a couple times, and its still working fine. Oh,well. at least its working.

No comments:

Post a Comment