Monday, February 2, 2009

3 new vintage radios




I got to purchase 3 new vintage radios today. 2 Zenith and a Farnsworth. The first today, was a Zenith Model 7H921. The second is a Farnsworth chassis. Don't know much about it. The third was another Zenith. Unsure on the model number right now, but hopefully a little research will tell me that. Earlier, I checked the tubes in all three radios. I got lucky since all the tubes were still good. The third may end up needing a couple tubes, but maybe not. Anyway, back to the first Zenith. After I checked the tubes, I tried it out. Took a bit for the tubes to warm up, but it powered on without any issues. Not picking up any stations at the moment, though. Unfortunately, while trying to tune a station in, the wire that connects the tuning knob to the tuner came loose. Hopefully get that fixed soon. The Farnsworth may be a while before I know what shape it is in. Since I don't know what model it is, I can't find a schematic for it, so I don't know which loose wires are for the speaker. The third, the Zenith, actually worked pretty decent after checking everything. It didn't take long for its tubes to get warm. At first, I thought the speaker was trashed, since it didn't have much volume to it no matter what the volume was adjusted to. Well, I guess it had just been so long since it had been used, it just needed to be on for a while. Well, I got it going pretty nicely, but I still think it needs a speaker. Maybe just needs the switches cleaned. Who knows. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment