Friday, February 13, 2009

Puppy Linux

Well, I decided to try another flavor of Linux today. I just finished installing the PupFluxLite version of Puppy Linux. The install was a bit different since I'm not used to the text style installers, but it went rather smoothly. I installed it on my fiances old Gateway Solo 2500 laptop, which is  much faster now that Windows XP is off it. The GUI for the version of Puppy Linux installed wasn't bad, but I don't like the fact it didn't have a full taskbar. All it took was a right-click to access everything though. What was nice, andI didn't expect, was that the D-Link PCI wireless card worked out of the box.  Now, I just finished downloading Puppy Linux. I'm installing it since it has a taskbar that's actually useful. Anyway, Puppy Linux is a great OS for older computers to bring them back to life, istead of ending up in the landfill. I highly recomend trying out the live CD and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment