Saturday, February 14, 2009

Puppy Linux on the Aspire One

I finally got Puppy Linux on the One. The wireless is kinda quirky, to be honest. But, I am used to the ease of Ubuntus Network Manager too. So far, it's made my little A150 feel like it has a 4 Ghz processor in it, which is awesome. The version I installed has the Cairo Dock preinstalled and set up, so there's not much to do besides just use it really. It comes with most of the applications that need to be installed in most other distros. It's preinstalle web browser is Seamonkey, chat is Pidgin, several torrent programs, no OpenOffice though. To add applications is relatively easy and simple using Puppy package manager. Well, I'm gonna play with it some more and I'll let you kn ow when I learn more.

4 comments:

  1. thts great, were did you get that version of puppy? from what i heard the wireless doesnt work at all wen botting puppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, which version?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for taking so long to reply. Just google Puppy for Aspire One. I found the link for it in a forum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, great idea. Unfortunately, that link asks me for a password. Maybe too old?

    ReplyDelete