Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ubuntu...

I've been messing with Ubuntu for nearly two years now. It was my first step away from Windows, and with all the different distros I've tried, probably the best all around. But, I'm now getting sort of bored with Ubuntu. Not that anything is wrong with it, I just feel I need a change. I've been messing around with Puppy Linux lately, and I think, even though it's a very basic OS, I'm going to go with it for a while. My AAO and my desktop will keep Ubuntu and Ubuntu Server, but I think I'm going to learn about Puppy for a while. I honestly want to try a different OS because with all the customization that's possible with Ubuntu, I just don't feel comfortable with Ubuntu.
I just feel that since there are so many different Puplets of Puppy, I could, after learning Puppy, create my own Puplet to my taste. Who knows. I may come running back to Ubuntu very soon, but I may stay with Puppy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment