Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's been a while...

Well, it's been a while since I've posted anything here, so I figured I talk about whats new. Recently, I tried Ubuntu 9.04 Beta. Wow. Seems to me Ubuntu is getting better and better. I tried the 64 bit version, for those who care, with very few problems. The only issues I had were the Pidgin icon on the top bar kept disappearing, and I had some trouble installing codecs. Besides that, I liked it. Unfortunately, right after reinstalling 8.10, the keyboard on my Acer Aspire 4720Z quit working. I guess I need to add that to the list of parts I need for it now.

I also created a website since I last posted. It's The Vintage Attic. It's my first try at a web site, so I hope it lives up to everyones standards. It is mainly geared towards vintage tube radios and parts, but since I have unlimited bandwidth and space, I'll be hosting a couple different Linux OS that I try. Since I'm down to my trusty Gateway, it my take a while to upload everything, but feel free to check out the downloads section there.

I actually started the site because of my fascination with vintage tube radios. I'm starting to amass and restore a small collection of them. If you have or know of anyone that's going to throw away an old radio, please let me know. I probably will want it. I can't afford much, but I could pay for shipping.

Also, I got accepted to Tennessee Technology Center for Computer Networking and Repair. Unfortunately, with the economy the way it is, and me being jobless at the moment, I couldn't afford to take Linux classes elswhere, so I guess I'll be learning about windows again. Ugh. Oh, well. At least I have the opportunity to go to school for anything computer related.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment